WHY DENTAL APPLIANCES (PARTIALS AND DENTURES) ARE BETTER TODAY, THAN THEY WERE IN THE PAST. Advanced dental materials create dentures that are more comfortable, more durable and fit better than your parents and grandparents ever imagined.
But perhaps the greatest advancement in modern denture science is the ability to recreate much more natural-looking smiles:
- Artificial denture teeth are designed to have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Each tooth can be positioned individually and “naturally” to give dentures a more realistic appearance.
- The 21st century offers a much more natural choice of colors for artificial gums and teeth.
- New processing methods ensure the best possible fit, function and comfort.
- The leading manufacturers are continuously introducing new and exciting products to the marketplace, in response to the demands of the more than 45 million Americans who currently wear full or partial dentures.
A DOZEN FACTS EVERY DENTAL PATIENT SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DENTURES AND PARTIALS...
- Dental appliances don’t last forever.
- Even if your dentures fit perfectly, you should still see a dental professional regularly. Adjustments are important for your dentures to fit properly and you still must have annual oral cancer screenings and dental exams as part of your dental health regimen.
- No one has to know you’re wearing dentures.
- Denture wearers can eat more normally.
- Denture wearers can speak more clearly.
- Dental Implants and Adhesives can play a role in your denture's fit and comfort.
- Over-the-counter and prescription medications can affect dentures.
- Don’t assume regular denture care is too costly.
- Never try to make your own denture repairs.
- With planning, denture corrections can often be made in one day.
- Don’t avoid replacing your denture just because you don’t want to go through another long adjustment period.
- All dentures are not created equal. If you look for the lowest price, you’ll get what you pay for.